Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Closed highway Ramps!

Tonight we are staying just west of Fort Worth. Saw the campground sign from the freeway and pulled in. Was that kind of day.
Very windy all day and lots of unnecessary driving. Instead of just going south and over the I-20 through Dallas and Fort Worth we thought we’d be smart and miss going through the cities. Ha silly us. Should have got the message when the first ramp we were going to take was closed! Actually Gypsy wanted to go straight through a little town but I overrode her and decided we’d go below the town and catch the road on the other side. My decision led us to the first closed ramp. Then had to backtrack. The map showed the road to be a “principal road – divided” well it turned out to be divided every once in a while. Mostly it was two lanes through small towns. The Driver loved that. Then we were in a big town with traffic lights at every corner and lots of traffic. Finally got on a southbound freeway heading for the I-20. Then the 2nd closed ramp. So we were headed right for downtown Fort Worth. All that driving and all that time (by now a couple of hours) and we were headed exactly for what we tried to avoid. THEN – found another way to get to the I-20 and just barely missed the city. We left at 9 in the morning thinking we would stop someplace and eat – well by 2:00 we still hadn’t eaten. So as I said when we saw the RV sign we pulled in. Just 250 miles but it seemed like 550!
At least the TV and Internet came up with no problems. But then I got to my email. Got a letter from AdSense (the ads that have been showing up on my blog and web pages.) They said, “While going through our records recently, we found that your AdSenseaccount has posed a significant risk to our AdWords advertisers. Sincekeeping your account in our publisher network may financially damage ouradvertisers in the future, we've decided to disable your account. ) ????? So they shut down my account. For the blog it was no problem. For the web pages it is a night mare. – I have to go on every single page and remove the spacer for the ad. Then save and republish the page. And I have zillions of pages. So I’ve started working on them. Take me a couple of days.
No pictures today - just lots of flat land. I’m just going to post this and shut the laptop down and read a book. Tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment