Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lazy Fall Days

Wow had just finished posting the last blog (and it took me a while to get it done as I messed up with the pictures) when the power went off. Good old Brown County – not a week goes by that the power doesn’t go off at least once. At least as of yesterday we didn’t have to boil our water anymore.
Bill went to move my car, the convertible, into the garage for the winter and the mice have been in it again. Even with it filled with mothballs. What a freaking mess. Hope they’re all out of it now that it is inside and covered.
It is so strange I’ve been getting up later and later. I wake up and look towards the window and it is dark so I go back to sleep. Today at 8:15 it was still dark out. Will be glad when the time changes.
The last couple of days we have had heavy rain and lots of wind so most of the leaves have come off the trees. Glad we went to the park when we did. But the colors got better between the time we went to the park and before the wind and rain came. Did get some nice pictures as we were driving into Columbus. The storm moving through in the background.

The tree on the left has been trimmed so the power lines can pass through it.
Our little town of Nashville, IN is packed with people even in the rain.

All the parking lots are full and it is hard to even walk down the sidewalk.
He sits on the corner playing music as long as there are people walking by.

Some of the stores put out really nice decorations for each season.


Went home a different way this time so of course had to take more pictures. This little creek is usually dry; you can see how much rain we had.

And I love the old abandoned buildings scattered around the woods.


We’ve had more company out back. This deer is nicknamed Bitchy as she won’t let anyone else get near the corn when she is there.

Then later he came by. First time I’ve seen him this year. He is limping.

And then these fellows came to check things out. They are hard to get pictures of.

A view from the back porch.
The weather warmed up for a couple of days and that brought out the lady bugs. Just a few of them on the Jeep. Don’t know how they get in the house but they do. They love to hang from the chains for the fans. Ick.

And have been working on a bedspread I am making for our bed. Have most of the blocks done but still need the borders. Its not put together yet. Just laid the blocks out to see if I had enough.

We are still waiting for the guy to come and install the satellite on Jennie he was supposed to be here yesterday, Saturday, and here it is noon Sunday and no call or anything from him. Bill is fit to be tied – well we both are! We are getting antsey to get on the road.
We have been having a discussion about keeping this blog up or starting a new blog when we get into Mexico. I say that the name of this blog is Roaming the USA so I need to start a new blog for Mexico named maybe - Motorhoming in Mexico. Bill says it will just confuse people that I should just change the name of this one. But I can't change the web address. I will also be keeping the www.movingon1.com web site up to date with Mexico travels. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it was time for the time to change. I don't like it that it gets dark so early, but I do like that it is a little bit lighter in the morning. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete