Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunshine and Colors

Tuesday - Woke up to rain this a.m. – so what’s new? Lots of the trees are starting to get their color. Will take pictures first sunny day……
Wow the sun was shinning as we drove into Columbus. Just a neat barn and field on the road to Columbus.
Have been answering letters from my website about our driving our motorhome to South America 30 years ago http://www.movingon1.com/ it is always a pleasure to receive them and a surprise that so many people read and respond to it. It certainly was a “trip of a lifetime.” When I think back about it I’m amazed we did it and with no big problems.
We both talk about doing it again – but the years are passing quickly.
Also had a purchase from my jewelry site. I’m always surprised that anyone finds it. And pleased that they like my work well enough to purchase something.
Worked on my window while it was raining. Got the entire center of it done and soldered, now comes the hard part the four pieces for the side borders. The hard part of it is cutting them without the darn glass breaking any old direction it wants to go. So how do I solve that – I ask Bill to cut it for me then I close my eyes and hold my breath. That seemed to work for the first one. I should be able to finish it by next week and we can get it up before we leave. Also made a couple of quilt squares for a Sampler Quilt (all the squares have a different pattern and different material.)

No rush to finish it.
Sunday - Surprise we are on our 2nd day of sunshine – count them two whole days without any rain. Wow. And with the cooler weather the trees are getting really pretty. A couple of pictures from the road from our house into Nashville.
This is Bill's favorite tree.
Brought Jennie back from the RV doc. I followed in Willie - Bill brought her home the short way - through the twisty turny road this time. Sure can't do that with the Alfa.
Had the two solar panels installed and everything checked out.
She is in tip top shape and rearing to go. I made some small curtains for the two small windows up where the bunk used to be. The sun would come in through them right into The Driver’s eyes. Can’t have that.
He is also doing a few minor things we discovered needed doing. i.e. edges on some shelving to keep things from sliding off, tacking down the plastic carpet covers in driver and passenger area, made a protective arch to keep the outside hose bib from being knocked off – all just little stuff. The only big thing needed to finish is the Satellite!!!!! Nope it’s not done yet. He is supposed to be here the 17th or maybe the 24th sure hope so.
Making a shopping list of things we want to take with us to Mexico – things we can’t buy there such as – good dill pickle slices, baked beans, sandwich spread, salad dressing and wine vinegar. Bought the newest Mexican Camping book by the Churches it just came out. Lots of good information in it.
Here are a couple pictures looking off the back deck. Gets prettier every day.
He/she is a loner
Some of the trees in the hills.

Guess this is why we like it here. And we have zillions of baby fishes - Koi and Gold fish

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pics! I would love to live in an area like that.

    Is there any craft you can't do? Wow, you are so good at everything, I'm a little jealous. I think my problem is lack of patience.

    Teri

    ReplyDelete